The Transit Route Review will assess how transit services and the route network should change in the near term to improve travel times and provide better connections to destinations.
The route review will:
- Assess the performance of Peterborough Transit based on a peer review of other similar communities;
- Analyze the travel patterns and needs of the community to re-structure the route network;
- Critically analyze the transit system and each route in detail to identify service gaps, unmet needs and opportunities for improvement;
- Develop and evaluate route network alternatives designed to improve connectivity and respond to unmet needs and travel patterns; and
- Recommend the most appropriate transit route network together with a service plan and multi-year estimate of resource and financial requirements.